Monday 18 May 2015

Treating Bumblefoot in Chickens and Ducks Naturally with an Herbal Salve


Bumblefoot is an infection of the foot that chickens and ducks can get as the result of a hard landing off a roost, a cut that gets infected or even a Vitamin A deficiency. In my six years of chicken and duck keeping, I've only encountered bumblefoot twice - once in a duck and once in a chicken - and wrote about my experience treating it pretty conventionally HERE.

In the years since, I have learned lots more about the healing power of herbs, so when I discovered one of the ducks we recently adopted with the telltale black scab, I decided to make up an all natural treatment plan using some herbs thought to have the power to 'cure' a staph infection - which is basically what bumblefoot is.

[continue reading]

No comments:

Post a Comment